Friday, April 25, 2008

Rebecca Has a Bad Week

RR--I'm such a loser, I think I've called you every day this week.

Mom--That's not true. I haven't heard from you in ages. I've missed you.

RR--I called you on Sunday, and another day besides today...

Mom--So?

RR--And today is Thursday.

Mom--That leaves lots of days you didn't call...well, several.


This weekend will be better, not least because I'm going to see my Mom (and Dad), because Kerry was wearing a spring skirt yesterday, because I am booked solid with frivolous things to do. So in case I don't get a change to post before then, I just wanted to say that my brothers-and-sisters in educational trajectory, the masters in creative writing crew '08, will be reading on Monday evening, and they are charming and I'll be there and maybe you'd like to come, too?

Deets:

Monday, April 28
Bar Italia (582 College Street, between Manning and Clinton)
7:30pm
No cover

See you soon!


Don't worry girl you weren't around
RR

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Can't remember how I found your blog, but I'm going to be hitting up the creative writing dept at Toronto this Fall. Any tips on how to milk it for it's worth?

My email is emufarm13@hotmail.com, if you've got the time / inclination. Anyway, congrats on the Journey Prize chicanery and the collection.

Cheers,

Andrew

Ransermo said...

Becky,

What did I tell you about trash talking yourself? Don't make me come over there.

Sorry I can't make it out tonight. I will be in a meeting trying not to jab my eyes out.