Monday, April 28, 2008

Poet Laureate of the Blogosphere

Who knew that there was such a title, although it's clear to me now that it's an important role. I'm so delighted that there is such an election, because that means there's lots of people blogging about poetry and the world in poetic terms, as there should be. But for me, there's only one poetic blogger on my radar, and that's rob mclennan. So no disparagement meant to the other nominees, who are probably also quite brilliant.

But if there's someone who has got to speak for poets in the blogosphere, I hope it can be rob, because I've never seen a blog that creates such a sense of commitment and community, such wide-ranging and warm interest and encouragement. It speaks to the blog's space of generosity that a fiction writer such as myself never feels out of place there. rob's blog makes it feel like writing is worthwhile, whatever your form.

I'm sure these things don't matter *that* much in the scheme of life, but it *is* national poetry month, so if you are so inclined, maybe vote?

I could kick your ass / yeah, you in the looking glass
RR

No comments: