Monday, March 23, 2009

Quel anti-climax

I'm now truly sorry I complained about my lost courier package last week, since a shared mystery demands a shared denouement, and the denouement in this case is stupid.

It was not a summons, it was not a dairy product, it was a set of advance-screening movie tickets that I "earned" through a corporate rewards program. These are a) small enough to fit handily in a mailbox, b) not relevant for close to 3 weeks and c) probably worth less than the cost of delivery. I have no idea why anyone would have couriered them.

And, before you ask, they are to a truly embarrassing movie, much as me and my partener in cimatic silliness are looking forward to seeing it. I shall never ever ever reveal the title, lest it sully my reputation as a serious person (even more).

Dire times call for dire faces
RR

3 comments:

Ransermo said...

Can you give us a clue. Is it made by Disney? Is it Fired UP?

Anonymous said...

It's Fast and Furious, isn't it?

Rebecca Rosenblum said...

Should I be glad you haven't guessed, or alarmed by what tastes in film you impute to me?

(honesty compells--*Fired Up* is only playing in suburbia. Who knows what would've happened by now otherwise.)