Thursday, January 22, 2009

Next

My "Now and Next" list (at right) is all now and no next--I've gotten behind! Lest you think January has defeated me (it hasn't, much), here's what's upcoming:

Starting in February--I'll be participating in the very very cool Now Hear This/SWAT program through the Descant Foundation of Arts and Letters. SWAT=Students, Writers and Teachers, and what this means is I'll be teaching high school creative writing classes one day a week for a couple months, in conjunction with an actual professional English teacher. This is a thrilling opportunity for me to learn about teaching and about teenagers, as well as (I hope) offer something useful about writing practice in return. I can't *wait*.

Sunday February 15, 4:35-5:45pm--I'll be speaking on a panel entitled "Wandering Jews?" at the Limmud day of Jewish learning at UofT. My fellow panelists are Adam Sol and Sidura Ludwig.

Sunday April 5, Time TBD--I'll be reading at the Gritlit literary festival in Hamilton.

Sometime in 2009--My two stories, "ContEd" and "Tech Support" will appear in The Fiddlehead.

Of course more to come eventually--there's always something!

I don't have a simple answer/but I know that I can answer
RR

No comments: