Monday, November 10, 2008

The Week That Will Be

Rose-coloured is not a reliable source for goings-on-about-town of the literary variety, or any other; I largely post about events I'm actually attending/participating in, which is hardly a very wide gamut to run. I'm just not tapped in enough, and anyway there are plenty of lovely ways to find out what's really going on.

But this week I'm sort of on-the-ballish about cool lit stuff, and sad I cannot attend more. So I'm passing the ball to you, Rose-coloured readers: maybe *you* can go, and tell me about it?

Tuesday November 11, 7 pm
The Rivoli (upstairs) 332 Queen West
The Launch of Harold Hoefle's *The Mountain Clinic* with readings by Nathan Whitlock, Michael Bryson and Rebecca Rosenblum

Ok, so I'm in on that one, and it's gonna be awesome. But if you aren't in the mood for fiction on Tuesday, the other option is to check out:

Best Canadian Poetry Launch
Revival Bar, 738 College
That one's also at 7, so there will be no double-headers, sadly.

Then on Wednesday, the next incarnation of the Pivot Reading Series, which I also cannot attend, though I will think of it longingly.
Press Club, 850 Dundas West
Readings start at 8:15 sharp, by Alison Pick, Jeff Latosik and Sara Heinonen

Whatever you attend this week, have very much fun--and if you come out to the Riv on Tuesday, I will be happy to see you there!

I'm a door in a hinge
RR

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, if only literary types enjoyed getting together on weekends. I've lived here for a little more than two years now, and have been able to attend exactly three events (Word on the Street twice, and the Salon launch), because I work evening during the week, and it seems that 99% of the literary events in this city happen on a Tuesday or a Thursday. I was only even able to attend the Salon launch because it was my birthday and they gave me the day off. :/

Enjoy the goings-on!

Rebecca Rosenblum said...

And what's funny, of course, is that I bet event organizers choose weeknights because they think more people will come because there will be less competition from concerts and parties... At least when you can go, you go to really events!!