Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In my salad days...

when I was green, I thought that one kind of writing was much the same as another, and if I liked to write fiction, I would like just as well to write non-fiction. More fool me, but I did briefly work on The McGill Tribune, where I was treated very kindly despite the fact that I was a piss-poor student journalist, and actually too nervous to conduct a proper interview.

Now that I am older, wiser, riper, and know better my own strengths and weaknesses, I am delighted to be writing fiction, where you never have to interview anyone, among so many other things I don't have to do if I don't want. And I am delighted, too, that one of the real student journalists, Diane Salema, at the Trib wrote such a lovely review of *Once*.

Cheers to full circle, or near enough.

A scapegoat falls to climb
RR

No comments: