Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Post-mortem

I just wanted to let y'all know that the Exile Reading last night went swimmingly, both (a) in the sense that I neither fell off the stage nor choked during my reading nor in any other way embarrassed myself and (b) all the readers did beautifully, many of my most lovely friends were there, and I had a brilliant time. As you may know, I get waaaay worked up over readings, though I love to do them. I am always thrilled when invited to read, up until about two days before, when I become convinced it will suck, try to uninvite all my friends or at least apologize in advance for the sucking. And then I stagger through somehow, and then people *clap* and *hug me* and I'm happy again. Clapping and hugs, poetry, stories and friends; why couldn't every Tuesday be like that?

None of this has happened yet
RR

PS--The new issue of Exile, with my story in it, and lots of other good stuff, should be available in the next few days at bookstores around and about. If you can't find it and want it, try their website (to the right) or ask me and I'll find you a copy. I'm helpful (and shameless) that way.

1 comment:

frede said...

Because it's been so long since I heard you read, I forget: do you "act" at your readings? Say a man is talking, or someone with an accent, do you take on their accent, or a lower pitched-voice? Or would that be weird in person? YOu are an actress after all. Oh Becky, I haven't seen you in ages. I am sad.