Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's a Metcalf-Rooke Thing

All good things must pass, and my term as Metcalf-Rooke winner is ending. But I couldn't be happier that I'm passing it on to Amy Jones, who, on October 20 is launching this year's winner, What Boys Like. Which, from the stories I've read so far, will be amazing and I'm so excited both to read the whole thing and to attend the event.

And then, we're going to do a couple of the events together in M/R team-joy (I'm always tempted to say "M/R sisterhood" but I won't because our awesomeness, respective and collective, is ungendered, and likely someday a man will win). October 22, along with Carrie Snyder, Amy and I will be reading at the Art bar in Kitchener for the launch of Issue 112 of The New Quarterly, which has featured all of the above authors. And then on November 2, we're going to Montreal to read with another M/R teammate, Kathleen Winter, at Drawn and Quarterly. I don't know if or when we'll get the four of us together (the prize was launched in 2006 with Patricia Young's Airstream, but we can dream.

Go, team!

RR

1 comment:

Zara C said...

This is a great blog