Monday, June 4, 2007

Minor troubles

This past week has been fraught with mild distress as two good friends moved permanently out of the city and a number of others went far far away temporarily (vacations! such a weird concept). Also the weather was weird and the smog was gross. Also I wrecked my favourite pair of tights. And I'm not getting as much work done as I should be on le livre. And yesterday I got caught in a torrential downpour that rendered my t-shirt a public decency issue in *half a block* and when I finally got indoors I discovered that rain had come in the open windows and mixed with dust on the ledge to form a toxic grey sludge. And I am working too many hours this week. Also one of my students informed me he had kissed a snail.

Obviously, my problems are not insurmountable. And they are ameliorated by bright spots like: A's cooking, company and cool friends on Saturday night; and watching C.R.A.Z.Y. with P and the girls on Sunday.

This week's projects include freaking out about punctuation and paragraphing (more soon), planning how to reach the Bronx from JFK without falling into the Hudson, and being excited that Ben returns tomorrow from the Middle East. So things are really looking up. Right? Right.

One day the little girl and the little boy / were both baked in a pie
RR

No comments: