Monday, March 8, 2010

That's what I like

The song with my favourite lyrics ever turns out to be cowritten by Sam Shepard, which of course does not make it any better, but does sort of up the interest factor in Shepard for me. I've only read the occasional New Yorker story by him--does anyone want to recommend what play to start with?

Sunshine on tulips! The ones on my dining-room table look like this and are absolutely splendid.

The weather this week! Yesterday was perfect wandering around weather and I hope that's what you did. And now, we don't have to panic, because the rest of the week will be nice, too. But then next weekend, it's supposed to be 5 or 6 degrees and snowy, which makes no sense. But we have five glorious days until then.

Taco King at Danforth and Donlands. I'm linking to a largely negative post because it's all I can find--but most of those people didn't eat there, just looked at the pictures through the window. I think it's great--cheap fast Mexican food that does not come out of a box, bag, or tube (ie., no cheese of the whiz variety). After a lovely delivery experience (embarrassingly, me and my dining companion ordered so much they gave us three forks--we thought at those prices the portions would be small but they weren't) I went on Saturday to see the establishment. They grill the chicken in front of you and apparently the tortillas are homemade, and everything's a wicked good deal. Let's not let prejudice taint a good thing--just because the owners and some of the staff are Asian, doesn't mean they haven't learned to do Mexican food extremely well! I'm scared it will close because so many restaurants in that area do, and I'll be back to Moe's Southwestern, which is actually good too, but I'd rather have local indy than big American chain if I can.

RR

No comments: