Sunday, December 28, 2008

BIRT 2008 (review)

I had a little head-down-on-the-table moment a few weeks ago, when I realized that my 2008 Resolution tally came to about 15% achieved. Not very pretty. The wise council I received, once I pulled my face up from the wood-grain, was that actually, my 2008 resolutions were mainly stupid, so I shouldn't feel bad about not achieving them, although possibly I should feel bad about making them in the first place.

So, fine, whatever, I'm not even linking to the 2008 resolutions--there were some "interesting" ideas in there. A few were actually ok, though: I succeeded on "attend more readings," in the best way possible: I had much fun, heard much great poetry and prose and met many lovely folk. I am so addicted to hearing readings now that I don't think that resolution needs to be repeated.

I came most of the way on "floss every day," "eat healthily" and "buy non-corporate," but not fully-completely, so those go back on the list. And then I failed utterly on "stop eating gelatin", but in retrospect, I think the cosmos aligned to expose me to an abnormally huge amount of gelatin in January and February 2008, making it difficult to get any traction on that particular resolution. So I'm going to try it again, despite some heckling from the peanut gallery.

Ok, so that's one resolution success, four resolutions to repeat, nine failures and six new resolutions to come up with before Thursday. Not a problem. Just let me rest my cheek here on the desk for a moment.

Tried it in my very own dreams
RR

No comments: