Wednesday, October 29, 2008

January 30, 2008

Because I am having a yucky day, I am reposting my favourite Rose-coloured post of all time. I hope it cheers you up as it does me:


Walking Down the Street, Warm and Misty Out
Me (coughing): I'm a little sick.
B: You are.
Me (coughing)
B: You are a little ho(a)rse.
Me: Heh.
B: You remember that, that joke? Horse-hoarse?
Me: Yeah, heh. Baaaah.
B: ...
Me: Neeeigh.
B: You're a little strange.
Me: Heh.
B: Heh.
Me: Was that part of it?
B: Part of...?
Me: Was that a joke? Part of the joke?
B: Well, yeah. Because I said you were a little horse and you said "baaah" and then you said "neigh," so I said you were a little strange for doing that.
Me: Oh, ok, that's funny.
B: Yeah, you just needed some context.
Me: Yeah.
B: Only, you actually had context to start with, since you were there.
Me: Yeah.
B: Huh.
Me: It wasn't like I was just working my way around the barnyard, though.
B: ???
Me: Like, I made a mistake, making the sheep noise, but then I corrected myself and made the horse noise. I wasn't just doing all the animals, I wasn't going to say moo next.
B: Ah.
Me: It wasn't "baah comma neigh," it was "baah cut off with dash neigh."
B: I retract my earlier comment.
Me: The stenographer that we pull along behind us in a little red wagon will strike it from the record.
B: You aren't strange at all.
Me: Duly noted.

No comments: