Friday, September 5, 2008

Love

Last night I sent out the following email to almost everyone I know. In the interests of overkill, I'll put it here, too:


Dear Everybody,

This is just to say, in case I somehow didn't mention it to you, or send you a Facebook invitation or an airmail letter about it, or show you the event listing, or grab you by your shirt and yell, "My book is launching on September 15!!!!!"

well, it is.

Here's the official details for the launch of *Once*, my first
collection of short stories:

Time and Place: Monday, September 15, 2008 at 7:30pm (Doors at 7pm.)
Location: Gladstone Hotel, 2nd Floor Gallery (1214 Queen Street West)

To launch her first short story collection, "Once," Rebecca Rosenblum will share the stage with John Metcalf and Leon Rooke. "Once," a collection of stories, is the winner of the 2007 Metcalf-Rooke Award and the work of one of Canada's most promising new writers. This event is part of Pages Books' This Is Not A Reading Series.

The unofficial details are that the evening may consist at least partly of me twisting a wad of crumpled notes in my hands, failing to operate the microphone, and maybe tripping over something...but mainly I think it will be lots of fun, and there will be drinking afterwards. I'd love to see you there if you feel like it, are free
on Monday September 15, and, you know, dig that sort of thing.

No need to RSVP, unless you like RSVPing, in which case, please do!

Bestest,
Rebecca


Lots of people did in fact RSVP and send me nice notes, which is always lovely. This is my favourite so far, though:

Dear Becky:

We'll be there! (Are you kidding?)

Love, Dad

I wanna talk to you
RR

3 comments:

Ransermo said...

Just a quick quesiton. How much will your masterpiece be going for?

AMT said...

first: my mom is very touched that you invited her.

second: you might have emailed *everyone* but you did not email me... sniff...

third: i wish very much i could be there. congrats congrats and i wish you so much luck and not tripping over stuff. i am going to order it online any day now!

la, la la.

yours,
amt.

Rebecca Rosenblum said...

Anne-Michelle, you are awesome, and clearly part of the innermost of inner circles, and of course you are invited (and your mom).

Scott, you are all those things too, and the book costs $20.

RR