Thursday, July 3, 2008

Scream scream

Hey, the Scream in High Park starts tonight, with the Alumni Night at Supermarket. I am sad that I can't go, so maybe you could go instead and tell me about it? It's going to feature more established poets reading the work of the new generation, which is a pretty cool concept. One the poets being read is Emily Schultz, who will also be officially launching the Joyland site tonight. And the Scream archive launch is happening also. You see why I'm sad.

What I am able to attend, vis The Scream, is the Seen Writing Youth Event. Obviously, I am not youth, so my role will be modest, non-participatory, really a cue to action: a still-life of reading to inspire the young writers (one hopes). If this sounds a little hard to picture, you obviously haven't been reading the wonderful Seen Reading website, where Julie Wilson spins tales about readers every day. Anyway, it'll no doubt be cool, so if you know any youth, send'em out!
Saturday, July 5, 2008, 4:30pm - 6:00pm, Tinto Cafe, 89 Roncesvalles Avenue

I've been livin' for ya since the age of 17
RR

No comments: