Monday, February 25, 2008

Panel in Peterborough

I know that most (both?) Rose-coloured readers are, like me, carless people who don't live in Peterborough. However, if you are there a week Tuesday, you might consider stopping at Trent to hear a panel discuss Shut Up He Explained, by John Metcalf, and how it fits/shapes the future of Canadian writing.

As an "emerging writer" in Canada who was deeply affected/inspired by that book, as well as being edited by it's author, I am part of said panel. How exciting, and how terrifying. I hope to have come up with some modest insights to share by next week.

Even if I don't, the discussion will still likely be great, and even if you can't make it, I urge to check out the book. On it's own, *Shut Up* will still tell you a great deal about where CanLit is, has been, and might go.

Below are the details. Sorry I can't duplicate the nice poster sent to me by Trent, just cut'n'paste the text.


Roundtable with John Metcalf ~
Library ~ Champlain Writer in Residence

Emerging Scholars on
The Future of Writing in Canada:
Life After “Shut Up He Explained”

Tuesday, March 4th 2008
~ 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ~
A.J.M. Smith Room, Bata Library

Jonathan Bennett ~ Christopher Dummitt
Michael Fralic ~ Lewis MacLeod
Rebecca Rosenblum ~ Dan Wells
Moderated by Adrian Kelly


Anyway anyway anyway / you wanna

RR

1 comment:

frede said...

Possibly, this is an embarrasing admission but i am unfamiliar with this book. Congrats on the panel. Peterborough is lucky to have your insights!